Over the last six decades, tourism has experienced continued expansion and diversification, becoming one of the largest and fastest-growing economic sectors in the world. (United Nations World...
SPECIAL ISSUE IPEJM FOR WOA 2017 - BETWEEN REALITY AND APPEARANCE: THE CHALLENGE OF THE EFFECTIVE CHANGE
Impresa Progetto - Electronic Journal of Management (IPEJM) is launching a special issue for WOA 2017 on the theme "Between reality and appearance: The challenge of the effective change"
The idea of change between reality and appearance may assume different meanings. We can depict at least three different situations:
- the deliberate change is consistent with the entrepreneurial/managerial orientation, it also reflects values and beliefs that are dominant in the specific context, but it cannot be fully implemented, due to widespread phenomena of inertia and resistance (functionalism);
- new organizational forms are introduced without implementing the related practices, thereby determining a superficial change; this is due to a conscious choice of
entrepreneurs/managers under institutional pressures (institutionalism);
- the implemented change is consistent with the deliberate change, yet it represents only an apparent discontinuity if compared to the status quo ante; entrepreneurs or managers may be more or less aware of this (critical perspective).
This special issue aims at developing a wider and deeper awareness of the complexity of change processes in firms and in organizations. Possible research questions may concern (but they are not limited to):
- May an “apparent” change be considered effective? Can it be considered a rational response?
- May a “real change” be a way to conceal the willingness of maintaining the status quo ante?
- How is change processes’ effectiveness influenced by competitive pressure?
- To what extent does an “apparent change” impact on customer satisfaction?
- To what extent does an “apparent change” impact on employee satisfaction?
- What is the role of culture in determining an apparent change?
- What is the role of cognitive processes in determining managers' and employees' perception
of "apparent" vs. "real" changes in organizations?"
The special issue welcomes contributions from a wide range of theoretical and methodological perspectives. Both conceptual and empirical contributions are encouraged.
Please, note that the deadline for submission (both in Italian and in English) is fixed at 31st March 2017.
For more information, please see the attached file.